Wednesday 7 November 2012

I'm_patient


The INVOLVE Conference in Nottingham next week offers an opportunity to take the practice of working together to improve research through transformational change. 

I am supporting a poster about Building Research Partnerships, the work being led jointly by the National Institute for Health Research - Clinical Research Network and Macmillan Cancer Support. Great leadership from Karen Inns and Jack Nunn from the respective organisations.

I am also supporting, at a distance,  Lessons for the Future - Roger Steel and Zena Jones - Session 6.1 - in looking at the risks and benefits of a more business like approach to organising our work.

But I am also hosting a discussion session 6.7  From Acronyms to Actions. My recent Blog - An Obituary for PPI has prompted this discussion so I thought I ought to say again in a poem....



Involve to Influence

I was a patient
Cancer, throat, long time ago
Speaking roughly
What would I know?

I'm a patient
Threatening, conditions, life
Important values
That's what I know!

I'm Patient
Involved, engaged, advocating
Listening closely
To know what I know.

Impatient
Action, improvement, change
Transformation time
Speak what 'you' know







No comments:

Post a Comment